The Roman Catholic Church in Northern Ireland exposed
A scandal of abuse and cover-up by church and political interests
Victims of childhood abuse in Northern Ireland, now must register
to take part and have their childhood abuse experiences heard by the inquiry. The registration scheme will allow victims and survivors of historical institutional abuse the opportunity to register that they wish to come forward to have their experiences heard by the Acknowledgement Forum and/or Inquiry. If you are a victim of institutional abuse of any kind sexual, physical or mental, and you wish your complaint to be heard you can telephone 0800-068-4935 (free from a landline) for a registration form.
You can also visit the Northern Ireland Historical Child Abuse Inquiry website.
To read more click here.
Democratic Unionist Party delegation meets the head of the Catholic Church in Ireland, Archbishop (now Cardinal) Sean Brady (left), at Stormont on October 9th, 2006. Peter Robinson, now First Minister, has continued to work closely with the Roman Catholic Church in setting up the terms of reference for any inquiry into child abuse in Northern Ireland.
Next to the Cardinal is his aide and senior adviser, Fr. Tim Bartlett. He continues to be described as a”stakeholder” in the process of the Stormont inquiry into the systemic child abuse in the Roman Catholic Church and which has been covered up by the Cardinal and his predecessors for many years.
Cloyne Abuse inquiry
- The Cloyne report in detail - an RTE news report
- Final chapter of Cloyne Report unearths more damning evidence of cover up by Bishop and police
- Sinn Féin Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has called for a Cloyne-style inquiry into clerical sex abuse in Northern Ireland.
- Shocking interview with Monsigneur Maurice Dooley – BBCNI Nolan Show.
CASNI comment: Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein’s Deputy First Minister, comes under attack from the Roman Catholic Church’s paedophile-priest defender Monsignor Maurice Dooley. Father Dooley takes the Deputy First Minister to task for saying that Cardinal Sean Brady should consider his position and that Cardinal Brady cannot stand back from the child abuse committed by Priests of the Roman Catholic Church. The Irish government has now moved to enshrine in law that such child raping priest protectors such as Monsignor Dooley cannot flout the law anymore! Vile Monsignor Dooley close the door on your way out!!
- Video: Robinson and McGuinness speaking on the historical institutional abuse inquiry. CASNI comment: There is only one victims group in Stormont and the First Minister and Deputy First Minister must allow ALL the victims of clerical abuse in Northern Ireland from the dioceses and childrens homes, to have a say in the final remit of any inquiry if they wish to be exonerated from any charge of slothfulness and bias in five or ten years time.
- Clerical abuse spotlight should turn to NI says priest.
- Cloyne report: Church failed to report all abuse cases. A victim of clerical child abuse gives her view on the Roman Catholic Church and the Irish Free State goverment.
- Cloyne Report – Bishop Magee. Cardinal Sean Brady sidesteps the disgusting sexual behavior of Bishop Magee
Anger mounts at Vatican silence on Cloyne sex abuse report. CASNI comment: the days of the coalition formed by the Irish Republic’s Eamon de Valera and the Vatican’s representative in Ireland – that ensured the abuse of Irish Catholic children in the 32 counties of Ireland – looks untenable, as does the Vatican supremo, Cardinal Sean Brady!
- Survivors welcome publication of report. CASNI comment: Leading survivors campaigner tells the country the Catholic Church can’t be trusted.
- Papal visit now looks doomed after Cloyne backlash hits Church
- Abuse victims fear Church won’t pay up! Click here to read. CASNI comment: The Catholic priests are in the sole employment of the Vatican and answer to Pope Benedict himself. It is the Pope who ‘employs’ Cardinal Sean Brady, head of the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland. Surely, for obvious reasons,Cardinal Brady must resign! It is absurd to claim that an abusing priest doesn’t work for the Roman Catholic Church. The justice minister must provide legal aid certificates for all victims of clerical abuse so that they can seek legal recourse for the crimes committed against them.
- Irish Prime Minister attacks the Vatican over Cloyne child abuse scandal. The following news stories highlight this remarkable attack upon the Roman Catholic Church. Vatican ‘stung’ by Irish PM Enda Kenny’s rebuke; Kenny attacks Vatican over abuse scandal; Irish prime minister attacks Vatican.
- Cleric had strong papal ties. JOHN Magee arrived in the sprawling Cork diocese of Cloyne seemingly destined for greater things. In 1987, many in Cloyne believed the Down-born cleric was earmarked for the red hat of cardinal — and perhaps even a future Irish contender for the papacy. CASNI comment: The rot goes all the way to the top!
Kenny reflected anger, says bishop. ANOTHER CATHOLIC bishop has come out in support of Enda Kenny’s uprecedented address to the Dáil on Wednesday in which he delivered a stinging attack on the Vatican. Bishop of Down and Connor Noel Treanor told The Irish Times last night the Taoiseach had “accurately reflected the dismay and anger felt by many, many Catholics in Ireland”. CASNI comment: BISHOP NOEL TREANOR once again moves to quell the fury of the Irish government and people at being so cleverly deceived by the Vatican and Roman Catholic Church. He has a sworn duty and loyalty to protect at any cost along with Ireland’s top liars – Cardinal Sean Brady and Bishop McAreavey of Dromore.The deceitful Bishop Treanor does not want his own diocese of Down and Connor to come under the spotlight for child sex abuse and cruelty to children because he knows that it is the worst in the whole of Ireland. This Diocese contained Nazareth Lodge, Nazareth House, Rubane House, Kircubbin, and St. Patrick’s Training School, Belfast. Its parishes are rotten with child abuse. He would love the state to continue in its present ostrich-like approach! He says he would like to see the church and state of Northern Ireland come together to help! It was because the church and state of Northern Ireland have been inextricably linked through the Department of Health that this problem exists!! A full-scale public inquiry is due to the child victims of all abuse today.
Pope recalls ambassador to Ireland after PM damns Vatican for covering up ‘the rape and torture of children’ CASNI comment: Taoiseach Enda Kenny makes world history and has changed ireland forever because of his direct no -holds barred factual statement on the Pope, the Vatican and catholic churches sexual abuse and torture of children. When will politicians in Northern Ireland take a leaf out of Enda Kenny”s book and expose the childrens homes and dioceses that are just as bad in Norther Ireland as in the Republic. This has been well documented by various Northern Ireland agencies, and the entire catholic church leadership of cardinals, bishops and clergy here at least for the past 40 years.
A long history of jail and the seal of the confessional. FATHER Brendan Hoban, parish priest, theologian, writer and one of the founders of the Association of Catholic Priests, is prepared to go to jail rather than break the traditional seal of confession. It may come to that, as Children’s Minister Frances Fitzgerald issued what could become the 21st-century penal laws. In the wake of the Cloyne report, the minister warned that priests who fail to abide by strict new regulations to disclose information on child abuse could face up to five years in prison. Read more… CASNI comment: Only God can forgive sin – Bible fact ! That being so who forgives the sins of the Roman Priest. This Babylonian practisc was invented to spy on the faithful therefore controlling them.